What Is Product Identification?
Generally, product identification labels are used for product traceability, which involves incorporating a barcode or identification number on a product. These labels help track and record the products in inventory, which is useful especially when issues like product recalls arise. Product identification labels also streamline supply chain operations, making sure consumers receive the correct products on time.
Other types of information included on product identification labels are manufacturing dates, expiration dates, lot numbers, and batch numbers.
Below are the main benefits of product identification labels:
- Efficient quality control: Industrial identification labels improve quality control procedures by increasing traceability, reducing inspection time, and eliminating data entry errors.
- Effortless product recalls: Thanks to their traceability, product identification labels make it easy for a manufacturer to recall any given product that fails to meet the minimum regulatory standards for safety.
- Regulatory compliance: Depending on your industry, you may need to comply with certain regulatory standards for product identification. For example, OSHA requires companies to properly label hazardous appliances or chemicals.
- Meeting Industry Regulations & Traceability Standards
Product identification techniques and labels must comply with regulations, laws, and safety guidelines. Any unregulated, unclear, or incorrect identification method may result in penalties or other punishment.
Product identification regulations vary from one industry to another. For instance, the food industry demands that product labels have an expiration date listed. The type of product identification label must adapt to the food product, so unpackaged produce like fruits and vegetables should avoid direct printing.
In addition to regulatory compliance, you must also abide by product traceability standards. This includes marking your products in a manner that facilitates easy product tracing and recalls in case of a problem. Thus, labels must be durable enough to remain intact and legible over time, withstanding harsh or debris-laden environments.
DoraniX Industrial Label Printing Solutions
DoraniX is a leading designer and manufacturer of industrial printers for medical, food, apparel, packaging, and other applications. We specialize in providing integrated label printing solutions for small to medium facilities and individual work cells in large facilities.
Our label printing solution:
Thermaprint 64: This is a direct-to-packaging printing system for heavy-duty applications. It comes in wide and standard format versions, both of which can process products such as coffee bags, wristbands, barcodes, cannabis packaging, and apparel hang tags. Thermaprint 64 can also be used as a UDI printer for medical products. Features include:
- 305 DPI print resolution
- 64-bit process
- 16 MB memory
- Ethernet and USB connectivity
- Ribbon-saving mechanism that conserves ribbon consumption by up to 90%
- Compatibility with industrial cutter and roll feed modules for roll-to-sheet printing
Industrial Label Printing Applications
These printing solutions are commonly used for:
- Medical/Pharmaceutical labeling
- Blister cards
- Apparel tags
- Cannabis/CBD packaging
- Coffee bag labeling
Contact Our Experts for Premium Product Identification Solutions
Product identification is an essential part of ensuring full regulatory compliance and product traceability. Not only does product identification help combat counterfeit goods, but it also simplifies the entire supply chain. Contact DoraniX to learn more about product identification labeling, or request a quote to start your custom solution today.